If you are building a new home, you might be very excited to see the new house, however, all of your efforts can only bear fruit when you proceed with the proper electrical setup and the relevant arrangements that can keep you safe from electrical fires and short circuits.
To further enhance your happiness related to the renovation or building of your new home, our electricians are going to share some tips that will help you in maintaining the safety, functionality, and energy efficiency of your electrical setup.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
Here are some tips from our electricians for the new builds:
While setting up the switches and outlets, the first and most important thing is convenience. For this purpose, we have to make all the buttons and switches as accessible as possible and make sure to place the sockets appropriate for the appliances. The factor of convenience should be considered for every corner of your home, especially the kitchen.
Our electricians also have some helpful tips for different portions of your home so that you can enjoy the full convenience.
- Try your best to keep the electrical outlets near your bed, so that you will not have to go away from your bed to turn the TV or computer on.
- Make sure that you have enough sockets for all the electrical appliances in your kitchen, including oven, fridges, kettles, and coffee maker.
- Consider putting PowerPoints in every corner of your dining room, living room, and lounge.
Many homeowners and new builders think that having too many lights in their home will make it more attractive, but this is not true. Instead, you should proceed with the energy-efficient alternatives because an extremely well-lit home is not necessary, and low-power lights with energy-efficient features can also work these days.
So, what is the smart solution?
It is keeping your house well-lit while saving power as well.
For this purpose, you should have detailed information about the low-power lights and our electricians can also help you with that.
Many homeowners give special importance to indoor lighting but forget about outdoor lighting. It requires some consideration, especially backyard lighting and garden lighting. It is something that will also help you home security by keeping your home safe and secure from intruders.
When it comes to the maintenance of electrical safety, it should be our priority. For this purpose, you should check out if you are using high-quality switches and outlets that will not cause any problems. Moreover, if you live with kids, make it difficult for them to reach out to the electrically sensitive areas.
Along with the installation of proper lights in all the areas of your home, it is also advised to proceed with the installation of surveillance cameras.
In this era of modernism and technology, there are thousands of ways of energy-efficient lighting and appliances. So you should not miss even a single chance to save money by saving electricity.
For example, one of such ways to save money by saving power is the insulation of the LED lights. Some of the benefits of using LED lighting over the expensive lighting and appliances include:
- LED lights consume 75% less energy as compared to the other traditional tube lights and bulbs. This feature makes them an eco-friendly option for new homeowners.
- The amount of light energy that you receive from these LED lights is much greater than the traditional bulbs, so you will not have to compromise the quality while proceeding with these lights.
- If we compare the lifespan of incandescent bulbs and LED lights, we will come to know that LED lights have a comparatively longer lifespan.
It is important to note that it is only one energy-efficient idea. If you want to get more information about energy-efficient lighting and appliances our team of electricians can help.
The lighting demand increases during special occasions such as Christmas, Halloween, or any other special occasion. In other words, we can say that electricity consumption considerably increases so you have to change and add more things into your electrical plan to better meet the needs of these special times.
- You should make better electrical arrangements for decorations.
- Consider the installation of some extra sockets, so that you will be able to meet the requirements of electricity.
- Make sure to install the outdoor sockets as well, especially in the front yard so that your guests will be able to get electricity whenever they need charging of their phones during the party or any other occasion.
Consult with electricians to discuss innovative electrical ideas during the home construction or renovation project
If you are building or renovating your home for the first time, you may make a lot of electrical mistakes and will be waiting for the electricians when the problem gets worse.
As we know that prevention is better than cure, it is better to consult electricians instead of repenting later. They will guide you on how to accommodate additional features during the construction process. Moreover, they will also provide you with solutions to the problems that are likely to occur in the future.
Are you in search of an electrician for your construction or renovation help? Stop Searching!
Whether you are building a new home or in the process of renovating your home, you should seriously consider taking the help and guidance of electricians. The expert, certified and licensed electricians are always here to help you at Live Services Group.
Need urgent help?